What We Believe
We exist to reach people for Christ and to equip them to serve. We intend to achieve this purpose by preaching the gospel: you are far more broken than you thought, but Christ is far more gracious and able to heal than you had ever hoped.
Principles to be understood and applied: Our operating system, the living water that brings life to everything it reaches.
- God’s Scripture: reliable, understandable, authoritative and sufficient. From it we derive the benefits that we receive from being united to Christ, our living water:
- Justification: in Christ we are forgiven for our sin and accounted as righteous. Received by faith alone, this righteousness can never be lost.
- Sanctification: the daily work of God’s Spirit conforming us to the image of God’s Son, through daily faith and repentance.
- Glorification: the glorious hope of renewal, both in our lives today, and coming at the resurrection.
Practices: The pipes through which the living water contained in the scriptures flows to God’s people.
- Worship: The corporate renewal of God’s gracious covenant with us, the special jurisdiction of the Elders. Praise, prayer and sacraments Exposition and application of His word
- Fellowship: Deliberate setting aside of time to develop and grow in community together. Created by the Gospel Demanded by the Gospel.
Goals: The external fruit, which we believe will be produced in any church that applies God’s principles.
- Evangelism and Missions
- Growth in Grace
- Biblical World and Life View