No one should go through life alone. We hope every member of RiverOaks feels known, accepted and loved. We want you to feel like you would be missed if you were gone. This is why we have Community Groups! We encourage you to try any or all of them; find one that works best for you. Here is a list by location, make sure you contact the leader for the address and confirmation of the date and time:
South Tulsa Area
- Location: Jenks/South Tulsa
- Meetings: Every Thursday (6:00 pm)
- Contact: Juli Armour
- Description: We seek to be a group of encouragers who spur one another on to love and good deeds (Heb 10:24-25). We just recently formed, so come be a part of shaping what that will look like as we meet together regularly for food, fellowship, discussion and prayer.
- Location: 111th & Louisville
- Meetings: Sundays evenings (5:00 pm)
- Contact: Austin Zellner
- Description: We get together two to three times a month after church for food, discussion, prayer, and fellowship. Bring your children with you!
- Location: 81st & Harvard
- Meetings: 1st & 3rd Wednesdays (6:30 pm)
- Contact: Lisa Boyd
- Description: We gather together at 6:30pm for a meal and discussion and prayer.
- Location: 91st & Yale
- Meetings: 2nd & 4th Thursdays (7:00 pm)
- Contact: Blake Postelwait
- Description: Our goal is to help people form strong friendships in the church and provide a community of care and encouragement for one another. We eat, relax, discuss the sermon or a book, and pray together. Childcare is not provided, but we sometimes have kids at our meetings.
- Location: 81st & Yale
- Meetings: Most Sundays (6:30 pm)
- Contact: Adrian Potts
- Description: A great group for newcomers and long-standing members to find their place, meet more people in a relaxing home environment, and grow in fellowship and encouragement. No formal study; we simply eat and spend time together. Childcare is not provided.
Sun Meadow- NEW
- Location: 97th & Yale
- Meetings: 1st & 3rd Mondays (6:30 pm)
- Contact: Leanne James
Welcome Group- NEW
- Location: 101st & Mingo
- Meetings: 2nd & 4th Sundays(6:00 pm)
- Contact: Ricky Jones
Midtown/Downtown Tulsa Area
- Location: 61st & Harvard
- Meetings: Every Tuesday (7:00 pm)
- Contact: Eric Karraker
- Description: An informal group with a focus on building relationships in our busy lives. We meet each week following a rotating schedule of Men’s night, Women’s night, Adults, and Family Night to enjoy fellowship in a variety of ways and to ease the need for childcare. We typically have light refreshments and lots of laughter. Childcare is not provided.
Married With Children
- Location: 4th & Memorial
- Meetings: Sundays (1:00 pm)
- Contact: Danny Lynam
- Description: We are an informal group that seeks to love and support each other. Our meetings are casual and center on open conversation and prayer. And we eat good food and drink good drink (and we're allergy free).
- Location: 15th & Harvard, among other sites
- Meetings: Every other Thursday (7:00 pm)
- Contact: Paul Watson
- Description: We are a younger group that (technically) meets bi-weekly to share about our lives and discuss the previous week's sermon. On many of the off-weeks we hope to have unstructured hang out nights so we can all become better friends. Childcare is not provided.
- Location: 21st & Lewis
- Meetings: 1st and 3rd Thursdays (7:30 pm), and last Sunday of the month in the afternoon with kids
- Contact: email@example.com
- Description: Life is a lot of work, and our goal is to provide a place where we slow down, get together with friends, share our burdens and triumphs. We enjoy fellowship and meals, and discuss the sermon. Childcare is not provided but kids are welcome at our monthly Sunday meetings.
- Location: 61st & Sheridan
- Meetings: Fridays (5:30 pm)
- Contact: Josh Holestine
- Description: We believe community is not found but built among fellow Christ-followers. Our group wants to be open to all that need a way to get plugged in at RiverOaks. Our meetings are centered around building community, eating, and walking alongside each other. We can't wait to have you join us soon!
Young Marrieds - NEW
- Location: E. 121st St S. and Olive
- Meetings: Sundays (6:30 pm)
- Contact: Pastor Jonathan
- Description: Marriage is hard and we need friends to walk with us to help us have a thriving marriage. This brand new Community Group will begin by reading some portions of Tim & Kathy Keller's The Meaning of Marriage, and will grow strong by eating, drinking, sharing, and praying together. If you've been married 8 years or less, you're welcome to join us!
- Location: 121st and Mingo
- Meetings: 1st and 3rd Sundays (12:30 pm)
- Contact: Kay Hall
- Description: We meet for a potluck lunch, fellowship, and prayer. Our primary focus is prayer for our church family and for each other. We are mostly a group of empty-nesters and retirees. Childcare is not provided.